Long story short: Where do we draw the line between this and Audio Recording and Production ?
All questions about mastering, mixing, etc clearly belong there. But how about questions about:
- Synthesizers and electronic instruments in general, including software instruments; Making music with instruments like Korg Kaossilator, MorphWiz or Omnisphere
- Hardware workstations (instruments like Triton, Oasys, Liontracs Groove, etc)
- Procedural music generation (computer-aided composing? :) that's one interesting thing)
- Sound synthesis theory (questions about achieving a nice timbre in various types of synths, both hardware and software; also how to emulate instruments, how to make chiptunes, etc, etc)
- Software-oriented questions (help about composing in common software suites like Ableton, Reason, FL Studio, Acid...)
Et cetera, et cetera. That's not the first thing which comes to mind when asking about "performing music", because of lots of electronics and computers and weird stuff involved. However, all of the above are clearly more about "performing" and "composing" than "processing" or "recording".
I'd certainly appreciate all of the above areas as on-topic questions here. Would you?