Dr Mayhem♦ (moderator)
Lead guitarist and petrolhead with Scottish Industrial rock trio Metaltech (and our alter-ego folk band Acoustech)
- headlined the Orkney Rock Festival in 2014
- nominated for Best Metal Act at the Scottish Alternative Music Awards 2011 (came 2nd)
- nominated for Best Group and Best Loud Track at the Scottish New Music Awards 2011
Been gigging for 25 years, taught guitar on and off. Played a lot of the Scottish music festivals (Rock Ness, Wickerman, Belladrum etc), supported bands like Monster Magnet, Alec Empire, KMFDM, Angelspit, Psydoll. Headlined all over Scotland.
Website - http://www.metaltech.me
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/metaltech
Check out our videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/Metaltechtheband
Play classical, rock, blues, metal, spanish, slide, folk...
On stage usually use Ibanez (7 string RG7321 and Joe Satriani signature models), or a 1989 Charvel Predator with a Dimebucker pickup through a Line 6 HD500 and a DigiTech Whammy, sometimes with a CryBaby. For the songs requiring fire I use a 7-string BC Rich Warlock with pyro attachments!
Generally DI'ed straight into the venue PA using the amp-sim in the HD500, or where we need to amplify - generally Marshall heads through Laney 4x10s.
Top Network Posts
- 222How can someone go off-web, and anonymise themselves after a life online?
- 106What's to stop someone from 3D print cloning a key?
- 74Were children safer in the good old days?
- 70How can we make First Posts review actually useful?
- 67How should a parent advise a child who wants to become a musician even though he is devoid of talent?
- 66Is there any real-world difference between time signatures such as 4/4 and 8/8?
- 62When should parents stop changing clothes in front of children?
- View more network posts →